Lost a LOT of motivation :'( &Feeling lost

Agreed! ““skills trump passion in the quest for work you love””

Thanks! :smiley:

This graph seems pretty accurate :slight_smile:. I’ll read the article thanks!

Hi, Thanks
I was thinking more local to me, I do use IRC. I was thinking for where I am having somewhere to meet up could be handy, so it is a social community of learners, we are not just stuck in front of screens.

Forums here are great anyway though or seem that way.

Just a case of reaching out to people.
Paul

1 Like

I think its the part of learning. Sometimes you fell all right then continue but sometimes you ll be collapsed.
Remember when you tried to learn how to ride a bike. You’ll continue and then you learn. Coding the same. Somethimes we forget it.

I have been studying almost 1 year. I collapsed so many times but i never gave up. I may so slow but who cares? I might not good as someone. And who cares? I like problem solving and i think coding is the same.

I did my way you should do it too. Just ignore the environment, pressure etc and dont forget enjoying what you are doing otherwise why should you do, right?

You’ll do it. Believe yourself.

Ps: I learn riding a bike when i’m 31 :grin:

4 Likes

Truth! :smiley:

Thanks!
-Tech.

Brother, same here, not feeling much confidence.
i started following this for the moment

2 Likes

Omg thanks that looks like a good article.

1 Like

How far did you go with FreeCodeCamp?
I’m in Responsive Web Design Projects

1 Like

Yup I’m still there I’ve been doing C# a lot and no CSS but I have to get back to CSS ehehe ^^

try drugs, try to look on things with different angles, cuz life is mostly depends on HOW we evaluate near by things and processes

“try drugs” Wut? Bad advice.

Hi Tech, with all that I can see I think that you learn and improve very very fast. Just keep up the good work! To be honest just last month I felt exactly what’s been described in your post, and right now I already got a Front end job, lol. Just don’t give up and you can make it!

1 Like

Keeps moving forward there is so many up and down but one day you reach you destiny

1 Like

Oh sh*t! LOL. Okay well I’ve ONLY been doing C# for a while now but thank you so much for your message gotta restart CSS and start JS :slight_smile:

Thanks for everything @tkhquang
-Tech

1 Like

Thank you. Nice discussion. Need some motivation here.

2 Likes

I was thinking of having a partner for this FCC. I’m a bit out of track myself as well

1 Like

This is probably all normal!

Motivation/passion comes and goes - that’s okay. Just commit to doing five minutes per day (maybe take one day off a week). You might find that after five minutes, you don’t want to stop! I would say - don’t get stuck on CSS and it’s tricky for most people - try not to beat yourself up over it. I think it’s okay to move on to something else and then come back to it later - it might even be better in terms of long-term memory formation. Things might even make more sense with a bit of diffuse thinking away from directly focusing on the problem. Find multiple resources - like Udemy courses or other - things might look brighter with the help of different approaches. Read the posts about people getting jobs.

It might be tempting to just keep working “harder” when you’re exhausted, but mental energy is finite - Definitely take breaks - every 50 minutes, take at least a 10 min break. Prevent burnout - it’s difficult to recover from. And spend no more than 4-5 hours learning difficult things (that’s about all humans have mental energy for). Find some time each week to completely disconnect from the problem. Find other hobbies that fill you up and revitalize you (maybe your life doesn’t have to be repetitive?) - take care of yourself every day. Someone once told me - “Spend energy to get energy.” So, watching Netflix is one form of taking a break, but it won’t necessarily energize you (unless it is some inspirational autobiographical piece).

Learning should actually be a little hard. If it were easy, everyone would be experts at this stuff. I highly recommend reading some motivational material like: “Talent is Overrated” by Geoff Colvin, Carol Dweck’s “Mindset”, and this course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn

And I think it is awesome that you are taking on this project when you’re only in high school! Keep learning!

4 Likes

Awesome tips thanks for taking the time to leave them here ^_^!

I lost count of the number of times I started freecodecamp and quitting it.
So yesterday I started doing it once again. But this time I am using the kaizen technique of learning it. Setting aside a short amount of time so that you not overwhelmed when you think about the drill. And slowly building on the time spend if your interest is piqued enough to learn more. One thing you have to remember is that loss of motivation is normal. so chin up, cheer up and keep grinding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same :’(
But learn to avoid burnout (in anything), I have to do that too and also motivation is just to get started after that determination has to do the job, imo!

1 Like