Machine Learning with Javascript

I got an interview for an internship on Machine Learning and Big Data with Javascript.
It didn’t require you to have any prior experience in this field.

They only wanted you to know at least Javascript, jQuery and Angular.
I’ll go anyway, I don’t care how hard it is, I don’t lose anything by giving it a try.

How long will it take me to work in this field ?

I know for certain I am not going to get the job but I was thinking maybe the more people know me the better? Let me know what you think.

No one knows for sure how long it takes to get a developer job. It depends on many factors such as what kind of company you are applying for, what level, what sort of job, your experience level, etc…

But the good news is you were good enough on your resume to get the interview and that’s a start. Interviews will give you good experiences whether you get the job or not. Definitely take it to your advantage as learning oppurtunities.

Cheers.

I meant in the Machine Learning Field

I was used to think at machine learning as the statistic one.

I mean, it’s all about interpret the meaning of tons of data to learn how to behave in a situation using statistic function: if I am wrong I hope someone will correct me, otherwise I guess you need at least a strong math background ^^
To answer your question, if i am correct the time to dig into the ML field will be strongly related to your math comprehension, not to the code experience ( which I think it will be not the hard part of the work)

Congrats on getting the interview.

I don’t know why you think for certain that you won’t get the job, but I can assure you that you have a good chance if you show them you’re passionate about learning (you can prove it by talking about your personal projects and doing challenges in your free time), and are interested in ML.

Since they require no previous experience, they will just measure your ability to learn, ability to ask questions, and have a productive conversation (it’s one of those team work skills).

Be confident and good luck!

Thank you so much, that’s what I needed, the interview is in 2 hours.
I know I am not that good at math and I know nothing about ML but I am passionate about learning.
I think It’s more about what it is enough for them.
I hope I’ll give them at least a good impression.

I am looked down because of my age all the time because I am 19 which is not even that young.

I ended up nailing it, I am like WTF?

I answered almost all the questions correctly.
They gave a project to do with Angular or React.

3 Likes

Yaas good job! Sounds like you did leave a good impression after all.

Hope it all goes well :+1: