Make your own internet in Python

Hey I just wonder how can you make your own internet written in Python code?

writing your own internet in python - hmm …

seems a bit off-topic in a javascript forum

Recreating the entire internet and in one language…quite an ambitious task :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m trying to use Python (with some frameworks) as a server and a web site to display info from server. Maybe I could help you, but… what do you mean by internet?

Did you watch too much Silicon valley?

3 Likes

I mean make your own web in a program

If you know Python already, but you don’t know how to use it to make web sites, then the info on the web site can help:
Comparison of web frameworks for python
You will need a web framework like Django (the most popular I think), but I prefer Flask (as powerful as Django)
There’s a nice tutorial here:
RealPython
or this one:
RaspberryPi-spy
Probably you can omit some bits for now (heroku, linux shell if you use Windows/MacOS)
And remember that Google is your friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you understand that I mean making your own internet in a Python program and not a web site

My definition is a internet that let you go into websites like Mozilla and Google Chrome. Or if you wanna play games online with other people.

you mean browser???

1 Like

Udacity’s python course doesn’t recreate the entire internet…but it does have you build an internet search engine using the original google algorithm!

I think you mean creating your own personal network with websites and services. If that’s true, you could look at hosing a web server and creating a set of services hosted by a raspberry pi or some other computer (on your home network).

do you talk about make python script to pass network filter and use free internet