Marielle Franco's Tribute Page

Hi!

I just finished the Tribute Page project and I’d like some feedback. It’s working properly on all devices, but I dislike how the timeline looks like on smartphones, and I’m not sure what to do to improve it.

Project links:

GitHub or codepen.io

Challenge: Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi !

Maybe you could play with your media queries and add special design for container right and left when screen <480px

great works.

i learn a lot from your css. maybe i can use it to alter my future projects.

1 Like

really good job. Looks good

1 Like

Hi! I’m glad to hear my project helped you learn something new. Please, feel free to reach out if you need any help with you projects.

Thanks for taking the time to write a suggestion. There’s something about the code for smartphone screens that I’m not getting it, and that is why is hard to make changes. I’ll have to fiddle some more with the developer tools to figure out what I’m missing.

I think that you use the correct media query (I’m not a breakpoint expert) but the problem is into your container design which is set “global” (for all screen, the same design)
maybe @bbsmooth could help you with the responsive issue

Your page looks good @leinefran. Some things to revisit;

• Don’t use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. Use CSS.
    • side note, you have one break that’s outside the body element. Everything the browser will render needs to be inside the body element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are a coding error you should address.
1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback. This is incredibly helpful!