Match Single Character with Multiple Possibilities

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

let quoteSample = "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.";
let vowelRegex = /[aeiou]/ig; // Change this line
let result = vowelRegex.test(quoteSample); // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/regular-expressions/match-single-character-with-multiple-possibilities/

1 Like

Hi,
The RegExp test() method will not help you here - it only returns true or false.

There is a String method to get matches to a regular expression though.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but mine isn’t working at all… See below.

i added the additional code to see if I could get it to work, but it wouldn’t go.

i thing you should use the match method with the quoteSample string not with VowelRegex, then it should work.

let quoteSample = "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.";
let vowelRegex = /[aeiou]/ig; // Change this line
let result = quoteSample.match(vowelRegex); // Change this line
1 Like

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

If you want to compare your solution to others, use the Get a hint button on the challenge and there are alternative solutions you can compare yours to. Also, you can probably search older posts using the forum search feature or google the challenge name and find more there.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like