Mentor needed - project feedback - career advice

Mentor needed - project feedback - career advice

Dear fellow coders,

I have been coding for about two and a half months, and this is my absolute first time using forums or any kind of community-related methods to get feedback for my projects.

I did realize, that I have been missing out a lot by not being in any coding community, so I thought this would be a great start.

A little bit about myself: I recently quit my most recent job, to be a full-time student to one day be a Full-Stack Web developer. I was an Operations Manager for Qatar Airways. So basically from aviation, I am transitioning into the IT industry. I have been always around computers and passionate about them. Ever since I have been introduced to coding, I fell in love with it. I used to play a ton of video games like WoW and LoL, but now coding is my video game. Problem-solving, being creative, and just basically being able to do whatever you want to do amazes me.

I am completely self-taught, with extreme dedication and commitment. I am probably putting in about 50-70 hours a week into coding. I am enrolled in codeCademy, fCC, some udemy courses, and some coursera courses as well. I am also reading the “Clean Code” - by Robert C. Martin. With all this being said, I am currently looking for a mentor/tutor who I can check up with weekly, to share some ideas/thoughts on my progress and skills. I currently feel like my strongest asset is JavaScript followed by HTML then CSS. I just started tackling React.JS and reading about the back-end.

fCC surveyForm:

I am going to attach my survey form that I completed here on fCC. Kindly share your feedback, and please criticize as you wish. Positive critique makes me proud, negative critique pushes me to work harder!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oliver

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.