My first unperfect page - tribute page

Hey guys,
this is my first page and I’m very dissatisfied about it. I mean, it works exacly like I want to (until I try it on phone or in smaller window), but whole page isn’t responsive, and I know code is so messed up. Could you help me with that and suggest how it should looks like or correct it with some comments?
Thanks in advance!

https://codepen.io/Lynthius/pen/JjPXgJM

Stop using pixels to measure things. Use rem, percents, or viewport units. Then see how it looks.

Ok, thanks for advice. I’m working on totally new tribute page, and I will try do it much better.

What’s wrong is pixels lack fluidity which is the beginning of responsiveness. Which is what he wanted.

Not bad for a first page, (trust me, mine was worse! :smile:)

Anyways, assuming that you have completed the entire web design tutorials/lessons, I recommended trying to use grid or flex-box. It helps with responsiveness and can make styling with CSS straightforward, organized, and elegant with not much code.

Also, before starting to code, I usually like sketching out the overall layout. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but knowing what you want, can save a lot of time in the long run.

Lastly, following the FCC directions for the project can help you get an idea of what to do.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like