My portfolio page. Need some feedback

Hello fellow campers,

This is my personal portfolio page.

I must confess it took me too long getting started, but I hope you can help me review it.

Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks clean and professional, good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m happy and honoured to hear that.

Iā€™d change font-color to something whiteish because, as of now, itā€™s barely readable.

1 Like

Some of the text in the ā€˜About Meā€™ section overlaps the bottom of your photo as the view shrinks. Add about 5px to the bottom margin on the photo and thatā€™ll take care of it.

1 Like

Hi,

Itā€™s much better than mine! But there is one thing that might be worked on.

When you resize the browser, the text that starts with ā€œHi, Iā€™mā€¦ā€ gets smaller, and then jumps up a size and starts getting smaller again. There is some code you can find that resizes your text as the screen size changes and its something like ā€œlg-4 md-6 sm-8 xs-12ā€-this tutorial explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqOEoUR5RHg

Also, when you click the links through for contacts and portfolio, the white font disappears on the background. Thereā€™s a navbar style that will eliminate the problemā€¦I think ā€˜navbar inverseā€™

thanks and good luck!

1 Like

Thanks qubkon,

I agree with you, white makes a better contrast to the background color.

I changed the font-color to white.

I appreciate your feedback.

I Hello @rchristian, I noticed it earlier and gave the image a bottom margin of 15px, but its obvious that wasnā€™t enough.

I added about 10px to the bottom margin instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, @turbokungfu,

While I was able to get the issues raised fixed, I still think I can do it better, as I have a lot of code repitions in the media queries and the selectors in the css file

Please kindly go through my css media queries and advise how I might make it better.

I really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Ha! Youā€™ve busted me. I mustā€™ve sounded more advanced than I am. I donā€™t even know what CSS media queries are. Your profile page is much better looking than mine. Iā€™ll google a bit and see what I can do!

Ok, under the iphone 6 thing-I just changed it to this: @media screen and (max-width: 767px){

and it worked on my browser, but I donā€™t know how itā€™ll work on the phone.

Cheers

1 Like

@turbokungfu thanks a whole lot.