My portfolio page - tried to make it look like paper. Take a look, thanks

Good point. I will see if I can find a more readable “handwritten” font. Thanks!

Well I’m married to a German, so… :slight_smile:
And (this has nothing to do with the portfolio page, but let me comment anyway): The nazi in the picture/the article is Danish. Many were. Among other crimes, he murdered a newspaper editor during the occupation. He was never caught, but lived out his life until last year, when he died of old age.
We too are trying to “figure out” the “why”. This particular article is a part of that proces.

Anyway. Thank you again for the interest and comments.

Hi Michael.
“Whimsical”? Okay, I like that description :slight_smile:
Some of the articles are dark in subject matter, yes, but others are really not: There is a sing-a-long-song, a Lars von Trier quote generator and other stuff that I wanted to present. Really different things, and that is what I am trying to show, also through the somewhat busy and/or whimsical look and feel of the page.
Thank you again for taking such an interest and the time to comment.

Maybe that’s okay, if it peaks their interest enough to try the links.

Well, again, maybe I should just translate it and/or write a little more under the photos.

By the way: Someone should try the non sequitur links in the bottom of the page.

(link)

I think it looks great, but I can understand why some think it looks busy and cluttered. Maybe the actual words should be on the lines of the paper? Also, is this supposed to look like old paper? It’s awfully yellow for new paper. Maybe it’s just me, but it also sort of seems like all the content takes place in the middle-to-bottom of a piece of paper. I’m probably just nitpicking by wanting the blank area for the top of the paper. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe the font could be a little bigger for everything except the headers. Or try a different font.

I tried the links at the bottom. I like the effects, but they seem unnecessary. At the same time, I only get to see how the effects work for the very bottom of the page. I actually find the addition of the effects a little confusing, especially since the important links like your github, twitter, facebook, etc. don’t seem to link to anything. Maybe turn the rocket into a way to scroll to the top and bottom of the page?(Maybe make the rocket fly into the menu when scrolling to the top, and fly back into its original position to scroll back to the bottom. Maybe have it parachute when it gets close to its original position) Other than the effects and the rock-paper-scissors link, the mail link seems to work. On top of which, the effects have nothing to do with your contact info. Possibly add an extras subsection, so it’s clear it’s not apart of your contact info.

I can’t read the language that’s written, so I can’t judge the written content. But after reading the comments, I’l take your word on what it says and how well it conveys its message. My favorite part is the way you have your images displayed. Almost seems like real images taped to a piece of paper.

1 Like

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback! You make good points.

Also, I hadn’t seen, that my links didn’t work anymore. I was missing a “>” in the links. I’ve fixed that now.

The “cluttered look” and the “confusing” (I’d say silly) effects in the contact info collection of links? Well, that is just a bit of fun. This is not a resumé I’m publishing anywhere else right now; I’m not job searching, just trying to complete the assignments in Free Code Camp for now. …And trying to do them in my own (silly) style.

But man, thanks for your comments! Very useful.

Oh, and I’ll have to play with the rocket now that you put that idea into my head :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like the pictures. Perfectly positioned. Nice design.

1 Like

really good, if I would get to that level this year I will be more than happy.

1 Like

Awesome job @kschou616. how long have you been doing the FCC course? Certainly makes me want to keep going.

1 Like

Thanks! Not long, but I have been playing around with CSS before.

@kschou616 I am impressed about the background, first look I thought it was an image but when I saw taht tyou did it through gradients… Bravo! :astonished:

Oh, that i can’t take credit for. Take a look at this: http://lea.verou.me/css3patterns/

1 Like

Thanks for the resource. Anyway great portfolio!!

its so cool, and the effects and the botom are awsome