My Tribute Page - A question and general feedback

Hi FCC community! :slight_smile:

I’ve nearly finished my Tribute Page project but I am stuck because of one thing I can’t figure out how to do.

In both white boxes, I’d like to change the style of the headers which I’ve tried by giving it a class but I suppose it’s some overriding problem?! I would appreciate it if someone could help me out and also just give me general feedback on my page :slight_smile:

link: Tribute Page

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi there,

Your page looks really great, and I always like seeing tributes to MLK jr. Well done! As for your .box-header class issue, it’s a simple typo. You’ve got a stray curly brace on line 60. Delete that, and your class will work!

1 Like

Oh yeah, I see it now. :sweat_smile:
Thank you for the help and the feedback, much appreciated!

Nice page. As a bonus you can make it responsive by changing .box (line 69 on your CSS) width from 1250px to 90%, then add max-width: 1250px; if you wish the .box to not take more than 1250px even when the 90% of total width exceeds it.

So instead of

.box { width: 1250px; margin: 20px auto; padding: 60px; border-width: 10px; border-radius: 25px; background-color: #FFF;

Have something like this

.box { width: 90%; max-width: 1250px; margin: 20px auto; padding: 60px; border-width: 10px; border-radius: 25px; background-color: #FFF; }

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to help, I’ll make sure to read a bit more about the topic to get a better understanding!

To be honest, I am still struggling to understand how exactly positioning works but I guess I’ll get there eventually.