My Tribute Page Error

My Tribute Page Error

I had everything under control until I did something to ruin all my alignments. Now everything is screwed up and I can’t submit my pen like this. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Please post a link to your pen, so we can help you.

You have several cases were you are either not closing your elements (i.e you have a <div> without the closing </div>) or you have the closing element without the opening element (i.e. you have a </center> without the opening <center>

You need to go line by line through your code and check for such cases.

I will start you off with one. Below is some of your code at the top:

<heading>
  <div class="box blue-box">
    <h1><strong>Walter O'Brien</strong></h1>
</heading>

What do you notice missing? I do not see a closing </div> after the h1 element.

I don’t know how that happened. Could it be the tidy HTML button?

I will do what you ask.

I added the closing div to the first example you gave me and it made things even worse. I also went through the code.

I can’t see what’s causing the errors.

You went from:

<heading>
</heading>

to this

<heading>
</heading>
  </div>

when you should have done this:

<heading>
  </div>
</heading>

You have more cases like the above.

I tried them both, but it didn’t work either way. I will, however, change it back to the correct syntax.

I removed the tag and the page is somewhat back to normal. I don’t know how it was added in the first place.

I simplified your CSS and corrected about 12 different issues with opening/closing elements and came up with the following:

https://jsfiddle.net/sxa8Lmya/

Wow, dude. I’m so glad I had someone like you to help me with this! The page looks even better at a larger size, which I didn’t take into enough consideration at the time. I should also add that I hadn’t paid attention to how much crap I was putting in the CSS editor, or much of anything after my startling mistake, so thank you so much for simplifying it for me… and thank you so very much for taking the time to help me with everything!

if you ever need assistance with anything, please do me a favor and contact me.

-C