My Tribute Page - George Lucas

Hey all! Super nervous to share this, it’s the first page I’ve ever made and shared. It took me a few days, but I’m pretty happy with it. I would love any sort of constructive feedback or tips that will help me either tweak this page or build future pages.

George Lucas Tribute Page

Thank you all!

1 Like

Looks good! I might make the font on the 3 buttons a little bigger (but I have a huge monitor so I mightbe wrong about that)… and just as your buttons take me down to the details about things… it would be nice to have a little button down there that would take me back up to the top. Awesome job!

Nice and simple webpage. You can improve on styling using Bootstrap.

Keep learning, keep moving up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback! I increased the font size and added links to the bottom of each list to return the user to the top of the page. I appreciate you taking the time to critique my page!

Thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement!

1 Like

I’m not sure if mobile appearance is part of the project, but I noticed that the word ‘Philanthropist’ doesn’t fit in its oval on my phone.

Hi fauletto,

Nice page! :+1:t3:

You could play around with making the .navbar a flex container, and then all the flex items inside (buttons) can be made to align and grow depending on the page size - and also when you resize the browser into a smaller/ thinner window, the flex items (buttons) can wrap around and stack into a neat column.

I noticed that in the html all the tribute Information (h3, list etc) is wrapped in a div only. I understand that best practice semantic html would be to wrap the tribute info elements in something like a section or article element and then wrap that in a div.
I think it is to ensure that each section of the web page is assigned a meaningful purpose for accessibility reasons e.g: screen readers. I think this article might explain it better than I can lol …

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like when I adjusted the font size I broke it on mobile. It should be fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, thanks a ton for the feedback and for linking the article. I think I’ll go back and tweak the page just to make those best practice semantics a habit. Thanks for taking the time to write out so much feedback!

Looks good now! Nice work