N00b coders who like writing and want to help other n00bers

I am a n00b coder myself, mostly working with Javascript/CSS/HTML.
(Here’s my full story: https://medium.com/@tanyagupta/i-dropped-my-cs-major-because-i-couldnt-do-a-bubble-sort-126e1242d86e#.mn04g7nun)

I noticed that many coders, once they gain experience, forget how to write for someone who is a newbie. So I and my partner (an experienced coder) started a Medium publication aimed at helping beginner coders help other beginners by writing jargon free guides on “n00b code chronicles” on Medium. We are looking for:

ᴀ) ⓝⓞⓞⓑ ᴘᴀᴛᴛᴇʀɴs: Cᴏᴅᴇ ᴘᴀᴛᴛᴇʀɴs ғᴏʀ sᴘᴇᴄɪғɪᴄ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴀsᴋs
ʙ) ⓝⓞⓞⓑ ʜᴀᴄᴋs: Uɴᴄᴏɴᴠᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ sᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴄ) Nᴀɴɪ ɢɪɢᴀɴᴛᴜᴍ ʜᴜᴍᴇʀɪs ɪɴsɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴇs: Tᴇᴄʜɴɪǫᴜᴇs, ᴀʟɢᴏʀɪᴛʜᴍs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴅᴇ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ʙᴜᴛ ᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴅ) Dᴇᴍʏsᴛɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Pᴏᴏʀʟʏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʀᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇs ᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ.
ᴇ) Dᴇᴊᴀʀɢᴏɴɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Tᴇᴄʜ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇx. Bᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ oғ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ. Fᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ sᴛᴜғғ — ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ғᴏʟᴋs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴜsᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜғғ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɪs.

Here is the blog: https://medium.com/the-n00b-code-chronicles

We can’t afford to pay but we will invest time and resources in editing for accuracy and getting the word out. Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ⓝⓞⓞⓑ ᴄᴏᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ sʜᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴜs ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴀ ʟɪɴᴇ at tanya@li60.zendesk.com

Hope to hear from you

Tanya

5 Likes

What an awesome idea!! Don’t feel like I have learned enough to help out on this yet, but I’m definitely going to bookmark it for later on down the line.

Thanks for doing this!

1 Like

Debbie apologies for the delay - somehow I missed this. Please do submit even if you think you are not 100% ready. We have an editor/coder who can edit your article. Look froward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

Nice idea, looking forward to this!

1 Like

@tanyagupta,

Thanks Tanya … no problem … I’ve been pretty busy myself. Will check it out again soon!

1 Like

Nice. This is exactly how I feel. I even have an unpublished crazy rant in my medium account about this very subject. I will check it out and I am happy to participate.

1 Like

That’s great to hear Aarmand. Please let me know your Medium account user name so I can send you an invite. I am at tanya@li60.zendesk.com

Dear Giacomo that sounds great. Would you like to bounce around a few ideas ? em me at tanya@li60.zendesk.com