Need advice on bootcamp

A good mentor will challenge you to work on a problem, and give you just the right nudges, never the outright answer.

1 Like

Yes but you must not forget there are deadlines as well, a developer who will not give some answers at crucial moment is also a horrible teacher. Because if you learn two things a day by working independently or you learn 5 things a day (meaning that senior will give you three more). Which one will grow faster?? Come on being a good teacher is not always like let that person figure things out on their own. You need some balance. If I become a Senior one day I will do so many things differently then others. For example I will let a Junior fix 97% of the time the bugs and the 3% I will use them to give feedback on their codes and teach them the tips and tricks. Believe me, that Junior will grow harder than ever. I am a teamplayer and please join a hackaton one day if you never have participated to this event. It is not about the fastest individual Developer who will win this competition, but the fastest slowest of each team. The best team will win not the best Developer. It is like a soccer team who prefer playing with 9 players on the pitch instead of 9 players plus 2 bad players. 11 people know more than 9. And the biggest thing devs forgot is that there is globalisation (meaning that companies from other countries could beat you). The one who think they could win with this mindset will absolutely lose their battle soon. Because by not giving the answers you will slow down the business growth on the short and long term. I better slow down the growth on the short term and go faster later on.