Need Wikipedia viewer help

Im really in over my head with this viewer project. I can do the html and the css but the javascript section is challenging my belief in becoming a developer. I have the random button working fine but I don’t understand the API connection, how to get my search button to connect to the api or wikipedia. Any suggestions or code help would be appreciated. Davelops

Sounds like you are overwhelmed with the overall project. I suggest breaking the problem down into the smallest possible tasks. For example, just get the api to return something, anything, then keep doing the small tasks until they add up. Hang in there. This is how you develop Grit that will help you in everything you do.

Right. Really overwhelmed. I did get a url to seek some data. It opens another page with data from wikipedia but only the data I place at the end of the url. In the below example if I place dave at the end it will reply with a bunch of data about various daves. I dont know what to place at the end of the url that allows or connects to my input placed in the search box which will return whatever is in the search box. As you can see, I’m trying to do this strictly with html which may not be possible.

<input name="dynamicParam2" type="text" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&list=search&srsearch=dave"/>
<input type="submit" value="submit" onclick="window.open('http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&list=search&srsearch=dave')"/>

returns this:

type or paste code here
```{
"batchcomplete": "",
"continue": {
"sroffset": 10,
"continue": "-||"
},
"query": {
"searchinfo": {
"totalhits": 139580
},
"search": [
{
"ns": 0,
"title": "Dave",
"pageid": 13242228,
"size": 1147,
"wordcount": 146,
"snippet": "<span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> may refer to:   <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> (given name), a list of people and fictional characters <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> (surname), a common Gujarati surname <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> (artist) (born 1969),",
"timestamp": "2017-10-22T17:05:22Z"
},
{
"title": "Dave Grohl",
"pageid": 8099,
"size": 69806,
"wordcount": 7529,
"snippet": "capable like I did&quot;.       &quot;<span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Grohl biography&quot;. AMG. Drummerworld. 2009. Retrieved November 15, 2009.   &quot;Happy 40th Birthday <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Grohl!&quot;. fooarchive.com",
"timestamp": "2017-11-03T21:09:01Z"
},
{
"title": "Dave (rapper)",
"pageid": 52068919,
"size": 11559,
"wordcount": 705,
"snippet": "(born 5 June 1998), known simply as <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> or Santan <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span>, is a British rapper, from Streatham, South London. <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> released the Six Paths EP and singles",
"timestamp": "2017-11-11T00:15:38Z"
},
{
"title": "Dave Franco",
"pageid": 24086533,
"size": 19997,
"wordcount": 1460,
"snippet": "<span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Franco (born June 12, 1985) is an American television and film actor. He began his career with small roles in films such as Superbad and Charlie St",
"timestamp": "2017-11-09T17:11:56Z"
},
{
"title": "Dave Bautista",
"pageid": 652402,
"size": 117345,
"wordcount": 10776,
"snippet": " 2010.   &quot;<span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Batista: WXW Hall of Fame - 2013&quot;.    davebautista <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Bautista on Twitter  Batista on WWE.com <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Bautista on IMDb <span class="searchmatch">Dave</span> Bautista's",
"timestamp": "2017-10-30T04:17:43Z"
},
{
"title": "Dave Martinez",
"pageid": 3368651,
"size": 31100,
"wordcount": 2749,
"snippet": "(1940), Paul Lehner (1951), Wes Covington

got it running with code and help from a friend