New Study/Support group

Hi Friends,
I am starting a new study slash support group. I joined FCC in 2018 and finished html and css in 2 days (I have some experience in IT). Then I slacked off. Now I want to restart it from the beginning. I am thinking of a group of people who can mentor/motivate each other in this process. It doesn’t matter whether you are a slow or fast learner , old or young, near or far, but Are you CRAZY enough to commit to studying everyday? Only those people who are crazy enough to Do something has done anything significant in their life.
You set your own learning speed and publish it to this group. The group will make sure you follow it. If you fall back, you will have a grace period (which we can decide once the group is formed). We help each other in every part of this journey.
My background is in Technology. I know a little bit of everything. I used to develop websites in html/css/asp. I know my way around JavaScript. Know C++,C#,Python etc. But I came to the realization that a little bit of everything is useless. I want to be an expert in one. That’s why I am here.

So the question is Are you CRAZY enough ? If you ARE lets do it !
9 Likes

Hey, I’ll join… what are you wanting to be an expert in? I can commit to being crazy for oh, 'til the end of November? Including over Thanksgiving? Every day?

TOday I learned… I forget. I learned that I wish myh webhost had a “save as” option for pages…
I’ve learned more about getting from codepen.io to my website efficiently (as in, make an example and then remember where I put it :wink: )

1 Like

Hi Geonz, Welcome to the “craziness” ! Oh I just meant “expert in fullstack development” instead of knowing a little bit of this and that. There is going to be more people in the group very soon. but I would suggest start studying asap. Make your most ambitious study schedule based on the curriculum and multiply the total number of days by 2 or 3. That way you wont fall back ! The multiplication trick is to make the plan moderate or in other words more achievable . This is to make things go as planned when other things in life happens (like on Thanksgiving you cant study so you have extra days to account for it). Thanks for joining . Stay crazy !

I am so in for this i need some experience folks like yourself and group of others soon to join to motivate me

1 Like

Hi @addegbenga , Welcome to the group. Keep watching this post. In the mean time start coding and Stay Crazy !

Count me in. I’m also a returnee after one year.

1 Like

So, I made a mess of pages with quizzes on the multiplication tables and wondered if there was a way to “keep score” from all the pages, or … better yet, to let the ones you missed go somewhere to make sure you got more practice.
I think I can put it all on one page though (and last week I found there’s even a name for that, which I forget right now…where’s the caffeine…)
SO that’s my start for the day! I’m going to try to squeeze in trying to combine stuff later, but first church and then … groceries…

Hi @mchungaji , You are in ! Keep watching this page. We will be making our study plans very soon but in the mean time start coding and Stay Crazy !

@geonz I just restarted from the beginning yesterday and finished HTML . Now I am on CSS. Which section are you mentioning ?

1 Like

I’m so in! I just started learning React and I think this can be a great way to remain consistent while coding

1 Like

@gbsolomon1 , Welcome ! Keep watching this page, but in the mean time keep coding and Stay Crazy !

1 Like

I’ve done enough lessons to be trying to make something sharable.
Back in 1999 I put some times tables practice on a page w/ JavaScript – just a list of questions to answer – and … it was visited a lot.
These days I see teachers posting “how can I get kids learning their times tables?” even though there are gobs and gobs of practice sites… but when I visit them… they’re practice that assumes you already know them.
So … my self-appointed “application project” is making lessons and quizzes. When I hit something I don’t know I dive back in to the tutorials or the W3 schools… or I ask here :slight_smile:
I got the individual quizzes done yesterday mostly… and was trying to figure out how to “end” them with some kind of score… and realized they are similar enough that I could do them all on one page (just changing the quiz questions)… and that way things like scores could happen.
So I’m going to explore using “switch” for which times tables you’re practicing. Here’s to it! Going to start with just 3 of them because I still make Itotally newbie syntax errors…

Hi, I’m doing the whole route again and currently I have to start with the CSS module. I’m also doing the JS Lighthouse Labs challenge. I would also like to become a full stack developer, but sometimes it is difficult to maintain perseverance and commitment because I miss how to try to solve a problem that can be small and trivial or complex and difficult.
Ah it’s obviously I don’t follow a schedule to learn programming and I’d like to create one that adapts to my needs and time.

2 Likes

@camcode , Welcome ! I too am on css right now. Keep at it and Stay Crazy !

I also recently completed html and css after a hiatus of about a year or more. I’m presently trying to understand how GitHub works. I want to learn how to
do a pull request and to upload my FCC lessons there. You can have your progress charted there. If and when I’m able to figure out how to do it, I’ll post it here.

2 Likes

I want to join too.I have just started with FCC and I am on fonts family in CSS.How can I join?

1 Like

Yehhhh… Let’s do it. I wanna join to.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Bergi5 We will be using Git And GitHub as part of the projects in this study group.

@hsingh5 , Welcome ! I am on css too ! You will receive a notification when the group officially starts in a week. In the mean time keep coding and Stay Crazy !

1 Like

@LadyDeveloper , Welcome ! You will receive a notification when the group officially starts in a week. In the mean time keep coding and Stay Crazy !