Newbie help with tribute page project

Hi everyone. Yet another newbie here trying to tackle the brick wall that is the tribute project.

I see in the code the author used a bootstrap jumbotron to achieve the gray box on a white background look.

I don’t want to copy the code, so I am trying to come up with something else.

I was going to try using a bootstrap container to do a similar thing, but when I try it, the container spans the whole width of the page. I even found another example from codepen here. But when I copy paste this code into a brand new empty pen, it does not function the same. The orange container “rows” fill the whole width of the page. Did container get changed?

Do I need to include a link to the bootstrap external stylesheets in codepen projects? The example above doesn’t seem to, but if I add the link to the new empty pen I paste the code into, the orange “rows” start to suddenly behave correctly.

Great, but when I try to add the bootstrap external stylesheet link to my project it disables all of my other bootstrap classes. Not great.

Also, it was really exciting to be taught how to use the Google Fonts and Bootstrap stuff in the courses on freeCodeCamp. However, I have recently discovered you cannot add multiple external stylesheets with tags. Everything I can find online says to do this you have to use javascript or something to combine the sheets. That seems like something beyond the scope of this starter project. Is there a way to put to use the Google Fonts and Bootstrap and jQuery all in one project like the courses taught us?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DS

Thank you Randell!

Adding the external stylesheets worked. (And as soon as I read that I think I remembered seeing that in the quick little video on code pen in codefreecamp. Sorry I missed that!)

I am off to the races on doing this tribute page now. I will post a link when I get it finished.

Thank you again!

For what it is worth, here is my tribute page.

Not great, but a good first step I think. I feel I spent way too much time on it, but we all have to start somewhere.