No closing div tag?!?

Loving
Lazy
Crazy
this is my code so far it says that i need a closing div tag what am i doing wrong? it wont let me post my code its the RESPONSIVELY STYLE CHECKBOXES test on HTML

When you’re trying to format code for the forum, all you have to do is paste it into the reply box and then highlight all your code and click the little </> button in the little tool bar of the text window. It’s between the the quotes and the upload button.

Or you can highlight it and hit Ctrl+Shift+C

Loving
Lazy
Crazy

ive got it wont let me post my code

<div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-4"> <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality"> Loving</label> 
  <div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-4"> <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality"> Lazy</label> 
   <div class="row"><div class="col-xs-4"> <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality"> Crazy</label> </div>

Ah I see what’s happening.

With html typically every tag has an opening and a closing tag that has to be used every time you use that tag. So in your code, you’re missing the </div> on your top two <div class="row"> tags. You’ve got one on your third, that’s good, but you need them on the other two as well.

i’ll try it again but last time i tried that it didnt work give me a sec’

yeah it didn’t work again are thay in the wrong place? i put them right after the label tags

Ah we’re missing a little more here (I just checked out the exercise you’re doing).

I see it’s asking for two divs around each check box. Which means you’ll need two closing div tags for each. So like:

<div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-4"> <label><input type="checkbox" name="personality"> Loving</label> </div></div>

1 Like

it worked! thnx so much!

No problem! Just remember to bookend those tags. Even if you have three in a row, all three need to be closed and depending on the tag itself closed in order.

1 Like

ok thanks that is good advice

1 Like