Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

I propose to do the background Ergonomic.
Rest for the eyes.
I like this concept.

Hi all,
Just one thing Iā€™m in part : ā€˜Applied responsive web design projectā€™ in beta version.
In all projects no video is readable, a bug in my home ? or itā€™s them for all ?

Thanks by advance

I canā€™t wait to get into the beta and thanks for your continued development of FCC.

At a glance it looks like a much more comprehensive build up before the projects hit. I think that will be a big plus for those in unfamiliar territory. Keep up the good work.

This list looks awesome!! It goes into more depth in each category.
Would definitely want to get my hands dirty with all those when it is live. :smiley:

give this a read:

Hi all,

I have finished all challenges until ā€œYour Responsive Web Design Certificateā€ since this night (in France).
Have you problem with freecodecamp Beta ?

I canā€™t see my certificate. Each time I click on " Show me my profil public" I have this Alert : ā€œOops! Something went wrong. Please try again laterā€

Can you tell me where is my certificate normaly, in a public profil ? I canā€™t see
anything anywhere

I Know is beta but I think I will be abble to see my certificate !? Or no !?

Thanks

Hi, sorry Iā€™m getting confused. I already got the frontend Certificateā€¦ but Iā€™m really excited about all the new things that the curriculum has to offer and want to jump back in. I know i can reuse some of the projects I submitted from the original site which is great. I know that there are now new certificates which is also great. What about my old certificate? Will it be retained? I actually used it on my linked-in page. Not that Iā€™m applying for anything. Was just wondering if the online certificate will magically disappear one day? I know certificates are not as important as what we ACTUALLY KNOWā€¦ but just call me sentimentalā€¦It marked a milestone for me at least after all the toiling against those crazy but amazing javascript algorithms. Actually one of the reasons why I stopped freeCodeCamp. I heard about the beta. So I figured if it was worth continuing with the current curriculum or just waiting for the new betaā€¦ since I might lose the current certificates anyway? So to summarize:

1. When the beta goes live (on a different site url)ā€¦ do I keep my old certificate? or will I have to work for it again (resubmitting my old projects and doing the new extra ones)? thanks.

Any certificates youā€™ve already gotten before the beta goes live will still be valid. So you can continue to link to your Frontend certificate on LinkedIn.

Quincy talks about the certificates [in an interview with Coding Tutorials 360] (https://youtu.be/Mxos6GZKW1A?t=831).

1 Like

Please document the error and open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/issues

1 Like

Ok, but just one thing
Can you tell me where is my certificate normaly, ?

https://www.freecodecamp.com/Parad0xJ, in between your brownie points and your streak statistics.

Hi
That is not for beta version my friends . itā€™s my normal profil on freeCodeCamp all work in freeCodeCamp no beta .
Idont have certificate on freeCodeCamp no Beta.

The probleme itā€™s with beta version.

So I understand, certificate is in profil and profil is not accessible with your beta version

thanks

Should be accesible like this: http://beta.freecodecamp.com/en/<username>, or just click the icon (+ brownie points) on the top right.

EDIT: But it seems like no certificates are displayedā€¦

Yes ā€œshould beā€, but that donā€™t work actually.
http://beta.freecodecamp.com/en/Parad0xJ
Iā€™m always redirected to map. Itā€™s probably a bug
itā€™s too bad, my first certificate and I donā€™t see him :wink:

Edit : bug is confirmed,I have open issue on github ā€”> [Beta]Certificate is not accessible/profil public same thing Ā· Issue #13432 Ā· freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp Ā· GitHub

Thanks for your answers

1 Like

Added a UI/UX issue and found one already open for a challenge not accepting code in != Chrome.

1 Like

Hi, all. Just FYI, and Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re aware already and working on it, but your ES6 section is missing generator functions.

2 Likes

@QuincyLarson Will there be advance warning (say 30 days) before the switch is made? Or will we just wake up one morning and find it all different? :slight_smile:

For those of us using the completion of existing certificates as an additional motivation, it would be nice to have some advance warning.

BTW, the beta looks awesome!

3 Likes

I think itā€™d be safer to do the new curriculum regardless of the release date. Itā€™s a much more thought out and round curriculum that adds a lot more to anyone as a professional.

Of course, youā€™re free to choose. But i canā€™t see much of a reason to do the old ones besides completionism, which is a valid reason.

1 Like

@QuincyLarson I second that notion - would really like to know if the beta release comes with or without a prior warning.

Even if the new curriculum is better, the fact that you canā€™t earn the old certificates once the update is rolled out, makes it extra appealing for me to try to get them. :slight_smile:
Like Surogo, Iā€™m using the time constraint as extra motivation, but if the beta release is just around the corner and no warnings are given, then at least knowing that it could happen any instant would be helpful.

I just want to know if my plan of obtaining some more certs is sure to fail ;D

In any case, the beta DOES look super awesome =D

3 Likes