Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

Nice. I think I’m going to make the change over. I could definitely use the practice! It seems like a more rounded and easier to understand curriculum.

1 Like

Quincy, Whats about the old project we made and the cours we already passed, will they be “checked” or we need to re-doing them again ?

I can see all front end certificate (Responsive, Javascript, …) have the same title "Front end development), what is the point ?

Will the non-profit projects still require finding a partner to do?

As far as I know, the non-profit process hasn’t changed.

I believe they should be checked. If not, you can just resubmit your projects.

I am starting the backend challenges and i’m doing them simultaneously in glitch and cloud 9 just cuz i’d never heard of glitch. i am getting the correct feedback from glitch…for example…the challenge what has us serve our first string “Hello Express” is working in glitch. i just can’t get the tests inside FCC to work when i paste in my apps address. I am pasting in the link same thing that “show live” links to. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not running on beta? thanks.

I have the same issue, tried the Helmet and Advanced Node Express, but tests never complete

I believe that there is a known issue concerning project links not submitting for some projects. Please check GitHub Issues to see if the bug you are seeing has been reported.

When is the expanded curriculum going to move from beta to released? Will it be released by the end of the year? Looking forward to going though it and do some non-profit work!

1 Like

Short answer: when it’s ready. You can get to the nonprofit project stage regardless of whether or not Beta is live.

Here is a brief explanation of the decision to wait for a single large release.

On the React tutorial, the test accepts commented code.

For Example:

A problem (React 26) that requires you to use the fat arrow function to update state rather than a regular function. The test looks through the commented code that has the fat arrow version and returns a positive result.

class MyComponent extends React.Component {
	constructor(props) {
		super(props);
		// change code below this line
		this.state = {
    };
    this.setMessage = this.setMessage.bind(this);
		// change code above this line
	}
	// change code below this line
  /*setMessage = () => {
  	this.setState({
    })
  }*/
  setMessage() {
  	this.setState({
    })
  }
	// change code above this line
	render() {
  	return (
	    <div>
        <button onClick = {this.setMessage}>Click Me</button>
        <h1>{this.state.message}</h1>
	    </div>
    );
  }
};

If there isn’t one already, please open a GitHub Issue.

From what I understood the new curriculum is 6 sections consisting of 200 hours each meaning 1,200 hours. You may have concatenated those two values to arrive at ~6400 hours.

Submit issues via GitHub.

Just about done with the beta curriculum (working on stock checker), and will likely use the regular FCC as the basis for my continued #100DaysOfCode (for projects not considered) and beyond. Have submitted some issues on the infosec parts, but all in all, amazing program. Took the advice of @P1xt with the YDJS readings etc, and have expanded my knowledge exponentially.

My advice, read the forums for mostly inspiration and the occasional questions you cannot find answered through gitter. Gitter is really, as @P1xt said (at some point) mostly for “groupies” that don’t last long. I myself, could only be on there for so long before realizing that I needed to be more proactive.

1 Like

I just took a look at the new curriculum, and all I have to say is that you guys have seriously outdone yourselves!

1 Like

We won’t check projects submitted before beta is launched for anything other than academic honesty violations.

So you won’t need to make your old project pass all the tests. It will just be newly-submitted projects that will need to pass all the tests.

1 Like

It appears that a few things broke recently on Beta. Please check the GitHub issues to see if the problems you’re seeing have already been reported. If not, please submit an issue.

1 Like

Are those nice shiny “stickers” still available?

link