Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

I found the link after I asked about it, now when the wife ins’t looking I am snagging myself some swag! Oh, and I can’t get the link you posted to open.

Sometimes the forum gives weird errors on external links for no discernible reason.

1 Like

GoMix.com is now glitch.com :wink:

Thank you for what you re doing Quincy! I am haitian and I often try to encourage my fellow young friends to take your course!!! And I am glad you expanded it!

1 Like

Is there a time frame for launching the new format live? I am looking forward to getting started. Thanks for your help!

You can start today …

Do you mean in the beta version?

Yes, it’s working. Only the projects matter and you’ll work on those off-site anyway, so there’s no real progress to lose.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Are the new certificates from the beta version currently available?

I’ll try to spend some time on this. Big thanks to eveyone who contributed.

I have found that new sign ups on the beta version have been disabled. I am really keen to get going with FCC so what is my best option? Thanks for your help.

You don’t need to be signed in to use it. The progress won’t be saved any way, so it only helps you remember where you left off.

1 Like

We’re going to re-enable signups on beta before we push the new platform to production. The only thing you need to claim the certificates is completed projects, and you can build those without even authenticating.

2 Likes

Any announcements on the release or a roadmap detailing the release?

Just track this board:

There was an aggressive triage done recentl-ish, so the bug count is probably understated, but you can see what was deferred post-release.

1 Like

@QuincyLarson’s post in twitter. Still on track for Christmas…

2 Likes

I would love to do the new track and compare with the old one , just not sure if I can do it in a timely manner right now , atleast not until the spring of next year.

We are getting closer to shipping, but unfortunately it won’t be Christmas 2017. Hopefully in the next week or two.

If you’re interested in helping us close the remaining 50 or so beta issues:

Thanks again for your patience and support.

3 Likes

Where can we look for the announcement of the new release when it happens?

3 Likes

Quincy will undoubtedly post here in the forum as well as on his Twitter, FCC’s Medium publication, and everywhere else related to the community.

2 Likes