Padding messing up my navbar buttons?

So, I’m almost done with the portfolio, and got my navbar to be fixed on the top but I’m running into a problem.

Since I added about 100px to the body, I think my navbar buttons (home, portfolio, and contact) also off by about 100px so they don’t land quite exactly I want. I was wondering how I can fix this?

The nav looks ok to me.

I meant when you click the buttons. It does takes you slightly lower than where you want it. I was wondering how I could fix that.

Give each of the other sections a padding-top equivalent to the height of the navbar plus a little.

I already had a padding-top on body, but I changed it to the specific sections and it seemed to work out. Thanks so much!

Do you think I need to add anything else for now? It looks a little bit barren to me, even if I know it should be.

I would make the images a bit smaller. In my mind, less is actually more when it comes to design. I like a clean, minimalist look

I agree, but I purposely made the images big so I could see the if the buttons worked. If I get anything to put in there, I will definitely make it smaller. Thanks for the help and the advice!