(Part 3) Seeking eager campers to join FCC cohort

Hi P1xt,
It’s nice to see a legend of the forum in this thread.

The Cohorts, for the most part, are a mix of skill levels.

What I see as a huge benefit to joining a cohort is that it will expose you to people who are serious about learning. If you can become friends with one such person and have them challenge you, that’s when you will see quick growth in your web-development skills.
So if you still have to learn the data-vis and full stack projects, I can guarantee you there are people in the cohorts that would be willing to learn with you.

1 Like

best get me front-end skates on then

@P1xt Thank you for commenting. I think your description is on point!

The cohorts are kind of like strapping on an FCC jet-pack for campers on their coding journey. It’s a bit of a boost for those that want to contribute (at any level). It’s also a good place for people who are maybe a bit too shy to message on gitter or make a post in the forum (altho our members are very active on the forum too (hey @Azdrian @Diego_Perez :slight_smile: )). Actually, before the cohorts I wasn’t really involved in the forum, but now that I know people I’m a bit more confident and becoming more active.

The question that we use to make any decisions about the cohorts may help understand a little more of what we’re about: “Does this help empower people and/or give them an opportunity they wouldn’t normally have?”

If the answer is yes, we want to try it.

@MARKJ78 @aizen3 for a more detailed description of how things work, check out https://medium.com/@chancetaken/02-chingu-handbook-the-how-d69c13d76205#.d532g5n3v

2 Likes

I’m not sure the world is ready to witness the full glory of my crapness just yet!

I didn’t realise there was choice too, i’ll have to go read the threads to see whats going on.

That surprises me, you see its meetups and things that terrify me, I’m quite happy to hide behind my screen in my own introverted mess on the forum tho. It seems back to front to me!

3 Likes

I had to google slack just. I knew it was live group cha… and that was as far as I ever thought about it :slight_smile:

I get chingu now. It’s mostly chat, regulars and see what happens/arrange further. Kind of like a seedy 90’s dating app for geeks to pop their Pair Programming cherries. I think I could ease into that haha. Not sure I’m up to the red panda group standard yet though. I feel pretty slow at most lines of code. Still, my is interest definitely piqued.

@MARKJ78 and @IsaacAbrahamson … which cohort are you guys joining? Joining up with you two could be fun :slight_smile:

I don’t really care. Seeing how I asked to be in a part-time with front and back, I will probably be in red-pandas too.

@tropicalchancer did you get my email?

I did, thanks. I’m going to start replying tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

See you in red pandas :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeh that is appealing. Not sure how it all works yet but have sent the email to @tropicalchancer so might soon find out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@tropicalchancer I’m interested in joining the zebra cohort - can we join another cohort later (once I start on the back-end part of FCC)?

1 Like

I don’t see why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d really benefit from a Data Viz cohort. I really wanna overcome my hatred of React and learn it properly.

2 Likes

@tropicalchancer I am very interested in this! I am currently working on the second project (pomodoro clock) of the advanced front-end certificate. Would I need to have some knowledge in backend if I want to join the red-panda cohort, or is it also good for people who are looking to get into full-stack? Or do you think the fox cohort would be more appropriate for my current level?

Thanks for organizing this!!

1 Like

I’m very interested in joining :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m interested in joining. Please let me know how?
Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @san00, happy to hear you’re interested. Just send an email to chinguftw@gmail.com :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks.
Will do. :thumbsup:

1 Like

No, definitely don’t need knowledge of the back-end to join the Red-Pandas. I’m going to be organizing all those who want to join into the most optimal groupings so no worries about that :slight_smile: Just shoot me an email if you already haven’t and we’ll get you all set up!

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. Email sent!

1 Like