Personal portfolio - feedback?

Here’s where it’s currently sitting -

Portfolio

I still have to fill out the “about” section, and links to projects once they’re completed. Thanks for looking!

Your portfolio is what I would consider to be a superb start. I noticed immediately off the bat that the font was unnecessarily large in the nav and most of the body for a desktop view (consider using media queries to change the font based on the screen size and other factors). Aside from that, I immediately noticed a lack of color and graphics, but this isn’t inherently wrong, your portfolio right now makes for a very clean and minimalistic approach. I liked your use of icons in your contact portion. I don’t think you need the home link on the navbar, but it poses no harm. You might consider adding a contact form if you’re looking for additional functionality. With all of that said, I recommend that you pay very close attention to your about portion when writing it, as it should show not tell what you know and what you can do through…well…what you have already done. This is why I always recommend that people talk (at least somewhere) in depth about their previous work and what it demonstrates about their skills. I would suggest adding a personal touch to it as best as you can, as it is a very small amount of text that makes a considerable first impression when discovering you online.

Do you have anything in particular that you want to focus on or change with your portfolio? What do you hope to get out of it? Questions like these will help clarify how you want to develop your portfolio.

Thank you so much for the feedback, it was incredibly helpful. You’ve given me a lot to think about and some things to look into. I am designing this on a 27 inch monitor, so, in my head the text wasn’t overly large. Now I see otherwise. I’m looking forward to getting the next few projects figured out while progressing through the exercises. Thanks again!

Portfolio revision

I did go ahead and make a few changes based on @Chance9025 's feedback.
Once I get a bit more studying done, I plan to utilize the whitespace in the background of the portfolio section to display a large image of the current selected project. I think by keeping the portfolio site itself fairly minimal, it should place some emphasis on the portfolio work. Thanks again for the help and feedback. :smiley:

Just a quick note when I looked at your revision. I’m not sure if it was intentional, but your name moved to the bottom, and I would definitely recommend that you keep your name front and center.

Aside from that, take your time with your revisions. If you want more feedback when you’re done, feel free to mention me and post it here for the community to see.

Power on!

1 Like