Personal Portfolio - Stuck

I can’t get the personal portfolio project to pass the welcome-section height of 100% of the viewport.
I’ve declared the #welcome-section as height:100vh and it appears as full height on the screen but still get the error message.

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z41CuVAX8G0D_7KVglxIj1M1CHOCeT_4/view?usp=sharing

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Denver

Hi.
You can pass the test if delete the

padding-top:150px;

line at #welcome-section.
But if you delete this, can’t see the " Welcome to My Portfolio Page" text and the picture.
:frowning:

Thanks Balint.
Not sure why moving elements down the page with padding would interfere with 100vh but you saved the day. I just converted the element into a flex box to move everything down the page and it still passes.
Denver

Not sure why moving elements down the page with padding would interfere with 100vh

Beacause you fixed the navbar and the #welcome-section move under the navbar.

#navbar { …
position:fixed;
…}

Thats why you need the padding-top: 150px;

I think. :slight_smile:

Because you probably dont have box-sizing: border-box; so when you declare height:100vh and padding-top:150px;. Your actual height is height + padding so 100vh + 150px.

if you set the margin-top to 0, and height 100vh; then stretch the codepen page up as to make the view bigger first by concealing the code, then it will pass as well. that’s kinda odd.