Personal Portfolio Webpage css not working!

Personal Portfolio Webpage css not working!

Hello i have a problem in editing the font-size and font-weight of what’s inside the p tag, here is what i’m talking about :

.welcome-section p {
  font-size: 20px;
  font-weight: 200;
  font-style: italic;
  font-size: 3rem;
  text-align: center;
  padding-top: 0px;
  color:#97EF2E;
}

for example whenver i try to change the font-size number nothing happen it stays in the same case and i don’t know why ! please someone help me.
here is the link to my code https://codepen.io/SamRad1996/pen/MNPzoV?editors=1100

Hi @issamath, you have the font-size property specified twice in your declaration. If you’re trying to change the pixel size it will always be overwritten by the rem size because the C in CSS stands for cascading.
Changing the second one will increase or decrease the paragraph size as you expect.

Just a couple of things to help you in codepen;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • running this would have shown you the duplicate
1 Like

thank you so much for helping me :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Glad to have helped.

Happy coding! :sunglasses:

1 Like