Personal Website + Resume Feedback

Thanks for the help. Going to fully reply soon as I work through fixing up the site a bit. Thanks for the speedtest info though. Up to 80% on both. Going to work throughout the day and will reply tonight. Thanks again

Looks good but I would add in a vibrant third color so that it doesn’t look so bland.

1 Like

Check it out now! Updated

updated. Thanks for the feedback. Makes a lot more sense now

optimized all the images. put web projects above experience. working on deploying next. Thanks!

removed the bars. Thanks!

Updated with alot of your suggestions. Minimized HTML/CSS/JS files, optimized images, fixed skills section, resume. Alot of changes. Thanks for your help. Looks alot better now!

Changed color scheme to make it a little more vivid. Thanks for the help!

It looks really great.

Some more minor nit-picking, after all… this is what web design is about. HA! :slight_smile:

“My life in tiny squares.” – contrast very low against white background.
Job experience Date ranges – same thing, contrast very low.

You can darken them just a tiny bit much.

• viewing your site on an Apple Cinema display

The Back to Top arrow (lower right), you can put a hover css effect on that circle/button.

This is Awesome! I love the design!

1 Like

Hey @DanielJBailey I agree with @owel on the low contrast on Date Ranges and “My life in tiny squares”. One thing that may not be that significant but do update the picture beside Personal Website in Featured Projects… It still has the picture of the old website in it.
And I love the changes you have made to the website…
I have been reviewing many projects on the forum… I will be asking feedback for mine shortly once they are ready… Cheers :smile: !!

1 Like

Looks very pretty and very straightforward!

The images of the project themselves are blurry on my screen, though.

1 Like

On mobile the left and right page margins seem different. They are very big and so the text has only a limited area.

Here the headings grow together.

All in all it was a cool experience, just the mobile experience could be a little bit improved.

1 Like

fixed! Thanks for the help!

Do you mind sharing what device you are on so I can do some testing? Thanks!

Thank you so much. Means alot!

Sure. That’s Huawei p10 with Android Oreo.

1 Like

is it only messing up on the skills section?

use that blue but just a few shades lighter for hover states and you got it.

1 Like

On this section you use 3 treatments for tools / skills - circles, check marks and rounded corners seem a bit too much.

Generally speaking as a personal website it is great, as a resume or professional presentation, some of the personal information and life-in-squares is not relevant (nicely done though!), same for the huge picture of your face (viewing it on a laptop).

Final bit of feedback - it would be good to have navigation links (Tools I Use, Things I’ve Done, Resume) rather than just scrolling to content. That would help with understanding the content at a glance as well as jumping to whatever a recruiter or potential employee is looking for.

Good luck.

1 Like