Please help me!

I don’t know what to do for my portfolio page. I want to try to make it without a bootstrap template but, I can’t seem to do it. Can someone give me a guideline for the code I should use?
My code so far is below(it’s not that much due to constant deleting).

<nav class="navbar navbar-inverse">
  <div class="container fluid">
    <div class="navbar-header">
      <button type="button" class="navbar-toogle" data-toggle="collapse"data-target="#myNavbar">
        <span class="icon-bar"></span>
        <a class="navbar-brand">Portfolio</a>
      </button>
    </div>
    <div class="collapse navbar-collapse ">
      <ul>
        <li class="active"><a href=" "></a> Home</li>
        <li><a href=" "></a>Portfolio</li>
        <li><a href=" "></a>Contact</li>
      </ul>
    </div>
  </div>
</nav>
<h1>My name<br>
  <small>Web Developer in Training</small></h1>

Use Bootstrap, but skip the template. Try to make a site that looks just like the example project. I bet that before you finish, you’ll be inspired to make changes that will personalize your portfolio and make it look really great.

1 Like

Just stick to a simple layout, and by all means, use Bootstrap. Why not use it? The only reason would be if you wanted to use a layout that Bootstrap wouldn’t support.

Section One: Jumbotron with your name
Section Two: Brief info about you. “Hi, my name is (my name), I’m a web developer in (insert place here). Thank you for checking out my portfolio.”
Section Three: Logos with the technologies you know (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, whatever else you got.)
Section Four: Links with pics to all your Codepen projects
Footer.

That’s it!

1 Like

It’s okay to not use a template (in fact I’d encourage that because there’s not much point to this one if you just take someone else’s code and change the data), but use Bootstrap till you have more experience with CSS.

As for a guideline, look at the Bootstrap docs. Make a simple navbar, with your name as the brand and three buttons to go to your bio, portfolio and contact sections.

Use container fluid with bootstrap rows and cols inside to structure your page. Get that much going and at the least you’ll have a nice framework to work with.

1 Like