Pomodoro Clock Feedback (Mocha Tests Timeout)

I still have yet to style the pomodoro, but the majority of the functionality works right now. Unfortunately when I run the tests to submit the project I get this error.

Error: timeout of 5000ms exceeded. Ensure the done() callback is being called in this test.[33]</</r.prototype.resetTimeout/this.timer<@https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mocha/3.0.2/mocha.min.js:2:7197

What is a good way to debug these kinds of errors? Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I tried running your codepen tests, however the current version doesn’t allow me to run the timed tests since none of the initial 16 are passing. However, what I do know is that reset should reset to 25 minutes.

Thanks Ethan. I just noticed that the reset doesn’t work before I start a session. I need to figure that out.

That’s the problem I seem to be having. Most of the functionality behaves as expected, but the timeout prevents the tests from passing. I’m wondering what is causing the timeout in the first place.

I’m going to go through my code and see if I can be more efficient with the logic. Potentially replace the if else statements with switch statements or ternary operators.

I figured out the initial error which was I forgot to add the leading zero to the minute display when it is under 10 minutes.

I’ve got a few more errors, namely 13 and 14 that I’m still trying to figure out.

Looks like you made good progress. Keep it up!