Portfolio Page project with testable user stories - Guinea Pigs needed šŸ¹

As you may have heard, @no-stack-dub-sack and @Weezlo have been hard at work building projects with testable user stories. We are looking for a few volunteers to attempt to build these based on their automated tests.

The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and donā€™t worry - weā€™ll still have plenty of optional projects where we donā€™t provide you with any tests. And if youā€™ve previously built these projects, you donā€™t need to build them again.

If youā€™re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know youā€™ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.

Thanks, and happy coding!

Here is the blank pen for campers to fork: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO

Here is the example project with passing tests: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/zNBOYG

User Stories

Content

1. My portfolio should have a Welcome section with a correspondingid="welcome-section".
  2. The welcome section should have an h1 element that contains text.
  3. My portfolio should have a projects section with a corresponding id="projects".
  4. The projects section should contain at least one element with a class of "project-tile" to hold a project.
  5. The projects section should contain at least one link to a project.
  6. My portfolio should have a navbar with a corresponding id="navbar".
  7. The navbar should contain at least one link that I can click on to navigate to different sections of the page.
  8. My portfolio should have a link with a corresponding id="profile-link", which opens my GitHub or FCC profile in a new tab.

Layout

1. My portfolio should have at least one media query.
  2. The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport.
  3. The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.

I was about to start on my portfolio challenge - but had no inspiration. Yet an awfull lot of ideas. So Iā€™d love to work on this one.

My Beautiful Portfolio

It looks like Content Rule 4 in the project is testing against one element having a class of project-tile, but here project-title is written.

@bonham000 Thanks for pointing this out Sean! It is indeed supposed to be ā€œproject-tileā€ - Iā€™ve fixed the user story above.

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone!

Iā€™m thrilled to announce that our testable challenges now feature a link you can click to report a bug or submit feedback.

Iā€™m closing this topic. We can continue discussing specific issues as they come up over on the testable-projects-fcc repo. Happy coding and QAā€™ing! :slight_smile: