Portfolio project - Navbar not opening on small screens

I’ve been breaking my brain on this to no avail. I’ve implemented a navbar for my portfolio page, and tried to make it collapsable for smaller screens, but it won’t open when I push the button. Can anyone figure this out? I’ve tried absolutely everything I can think of including Google-fu, and just looking at other peoples portfolio pages to no avail(got some great design ideas, though.)

Here’s my portfolio page in it’s current (ugly) state: http://codepen.io/CrowsVeldt/pen/yJAbVX

and here is another pen where I pulled out the navbar code to try and fix it:

You will have to add jQuery and Bootstrap.js to your pen.

Whew! Thank you :slight_smile: I was sure I’d missed/forgotten something simple, and it was driving me mad.

1 Like

Uhhh sorry, I have to be honest, in this state it’s actually ugly :slight_smile:

First, the Skills and Portfolio headings are going a little out of page (on mobile it’s even more evident though…)

Second, the grid layout is a little bit confused… In my opinion you have to put elements on the page in a more logical way :wink:

Last but not least, Bootstrap is a good point of start for web design, but also consider other libraries which will introduce you into more modern and advanced practices…

Have a nice day and good luck for your Web Development :slight_smile:

Well, I did say it was ugly. (shrug) Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind :slight_smile:

Edit: Also, it’s not finished. Very Very beta at the moment. I was just trying to get the various elements working before I try to style it up, and I was stuck on the navbar.