Portfolio project - Need help with understanding some of the CSS

Portfolio project - Need help with understanding some of the CSS

Hello, y’all, and thanks in advance for the feedback!

I am working on my Portfolio project and trying to use just CSS without frameworks as a way to practice. Just finished the top navigation bar.

Unfortunately, I ran into a few problems I can’t seem to find explanations or solutions for. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Issues I’d like to understand:

• Why is the content hidden behind the menu?
  • Why does the background color for the links on the right not change on mouse hover?
  • Is there any way to make the dividers for the links on the right adapt to the height of the nav bar so I can use percentage instead pixels?

The content is hidden because the “about” section and nav bar are both beginning at the top of the page, you can add 80px of top-padding to #about or position them any number of ways. I’d personally recommend looking into css-grid.

You’ll kick yourself for this one but the background color isn’t changing on hover because you’ve got a typo in there.

Again I’d look at css-grid or flexbox for you formating your nav bar and really most of your page. It’s pretty widely supported and is a pleasure to work with.

Thank you for the tips! The typo totally flew over my head :blush: