Portfolio Project(Problem)

So I got an idea off of looking at someone else’s portfolio on here and decided to try and give it my own spin with out looking at the code on how he did it. This is what I came up with so far but I feel like it’s not done right. Feels hacky I guess. Is there a different way to get the same effect? Primarily how I have everything wrapped in span tags to achieve the different colors. I know I can also go back and clean up a lot of the code.

EDIT: I redid everything and added a projects section please check it out and lemme know what you think :smiley:

Its nice but i suggest adding a name, logo, or something in the left of your main-header

How do you use fa fa icons? I need a account to use them and that costs money?

1 Like

I actually just finished remaking this entire thing lol but FA icons are completely free. I use Font Awesome

You pretty much add thing link to your html file: <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.3.1/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-mzrmE5qonljUremFsqc01SB46JvROS7bZs3IO2EmfFsd15uHvIt+Y8vEf7N7fWAU" crossorigin="anonymous">;

then you look for the icon you want to use on Font awesome. Say its the maximize button I’m using. <class="far fa-window-maximize"> You then add it to where ever you want it in your project.

2 Likes