Portfolio Project Review. What can I improve?

Hi campers.
Here is my Responsive Web Design: Portfolio Project. It would be great to know what can I do better with each part of development: design, HTML\CSS, JS. And any recommendations are welcome.

See ya!

1 Like

The page looks pretty good. I would give it a 8/10. Very good features and responsiveness for sure.
A couple of things I thought were confusing:

• the underlined headers. Why is the line offset to the right? (it is not under the titles but rather starts from about 1/4 of the way in )
  • the technology circle things (that show the percent values) don’t seem to be easy to understand. Can you change so they say something more meaningful like “Expert”, “Advanced”, “Beginner”, or “User”? It looks off to me to say I know 95% html if you know what I mean…
  • finally there seems to be a lot of little icons. Maybe find other ways of representing what you know? I’ve seen people use icons in one section of their portfolio but not two.
  • the dog pic. It doesn’t seem to belong on a professional portfolio to have a dog pic (unless you specialize in pet store websites or something)

You’ve done an awesome job with this. The above stuff can be tweaked but you should be proud of your effort. WTG.

1 Like

Thank you.
I made the underlines to hightlight the header. And 20% offset to the right because that isn’t a link. But I think it looks like something has broken now;)
I have something to think about and that’s good.
Again thank you very much for your feedback. I’m grateful to you.

Hey Frank,
Your portfolio looks great! Your nav highlights are very cool, the map at the bottom is a great touch.
Just a couple of small suggestions.
Your contact sections looks good with the icons but i think it’s cramped, why don’t your add abit of padding and move the icons inline with your address?
You could make your ‘AV’ icon a link, so when the users is at bottom of your site it’s easy to go back to the start.
Hope this helps, Happy coding :slight_smile:

Thank you Matty. I thought about the contact section and it needs to be corrected.