Portfolio / Resume feedback after rework

After having read several articles (list below) I decided to completely remake my website (http://sobek.pl) and the way it presents itself. Can you tell me what you think about the website and what you would have done differently?

Thoughts / questions:

1. The page has a separate screen and print stylesheet, do you think anyone will notice/use it? Or maybe people prefer a .pdf version for download? (edit: updated to have both, a print link and a .pdf)

2. How many projects should I include in the resume? I feel like them giving an overview of the mentioned skills is appropriate. This in turn would mean I have to strive to replace smaller projects with bigger ones as soon as possible.

3. The more I learn about back-end the more I feel like drifting further away from front-end, currently working on the skills and projects to show to be able to change the title.

4. The page is bland on purpose, but maybe it is a bit too bland? What do you think?

5. Not quite sure there is a point in including html and css skills in the resume, since there is no way I could have made any of the samples without them. Mentioning the same skills every time seems redundant at best.

Articles:

@lukaszsobek Looks good on mobile. It’s simple, straight to the point, and easy to read. One suggestion I have is using HTTPS (TLS). Since Google and browsers are going to privilege sites with HTTPS enabled, I would think employers might want to know you understand this and know how to implement it. I could be wrong about this though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Funny you mention SSL as I have been thinking about the exact same thing yesterday. It definitely looks like a thing to get into.

Enabling SSL requires the installation of a Secure Certificate to your web hosting server - which in most cases can be provided by your hosting provider - for a nominal fee, of course. Often it does require getting backstage in the web hosting control panel to tweak, some ISPs will do it for you, especially in shared hosting accounts.

Separately, when working with clients in the Google dominated age, is another expense that they did not anticipate and I have to emphasize the necessity of, if not the virtues. But the spate of recent high profile data breaches and hacks helps with that - tho’ they also do respond to “Google will ignore your site without it.”