Portfolio-Review :)

You too! And good luck with the rest of the curriculum :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
everything that you’ve said, its working :smiley:
Now im trying to figure out what to do about that horizontal scroll… it appers when screen is smaller than medium i think. there is not scroll on large and medium…
hopefully i’ll figure it out :confused:
Thank you sooo much :smiley:

2 Likes

hey @dlyons , i have another question for you if you could help me with this one.
Now, everything looks good, profile photo needs just a little bit more adjusting, but that’s not why im frustrated :slight_smile:
I have a new problem. It looks like project photos (“coming soon” photos) won’t show up on different browsers. Friend sent me screenshots (android phone), and photos can’t be shown, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, and its frustrating me… For instance, on safari and chrome (on mac and iphone) that i use, photos are there, i can see everything as its supposed to be… Do you have any idea whats the reason for this? (photos are from google images, not some private library or something else) :slight_smile:
bellow are photos that he sent me :slight_smile: help :smiley:
https://codepen.io/milosrancic/full/XVyWmW/

That is really bizarre. It’s kinda hard to say without knowing their full setup (android version, what browser they’re using and the version of that)

I can tell you that I’ve checked on:
Android (5.1.1): generic browser and Chrome (50.0.2661.89)
Android (4.1.2): generic browser, Chrome (40.0.2214.89), and Firefox (36.0.4)

And your images show up fine. I don’t have any apple products to test on but out of the two android devices I have on hand at the moment, you’re looking good.

For your friend’s case, it could be just a hiccup in the page load. They could try clearing out their browser cache and then reloading the codepen. I wouldn’t think it’s any sort of adblocking or script blocking addon on their end since you’re just doing a generic img tag.

Speaking of which, I have to mention one thing, it’s really not advised to link to photos hosted on websites that aren’t meant to be linked to. Even if you’re not trying to sell them or claim them as your own. It’s called Hotlinking and it’s bad for a lot of reasons. I know that image is just a placeholder, but I highly recommend you either make your own image and host it somewhere or find one that’s public domain and free to use. Plus it’s just good practice. :+1:

1 Like

hmmm… about photos, i get it, i’ll try to use photos that wont get me in trouble :slight_smile:
thank you so much, amazing human being :smiley:

1 Like