Portfolio updated review

I have made some changes to my personal portfolio project and i am hoping to get some feedback from my fellow campers! There isn’t much to my project at the moment but for a beginner i think i am doing pretty good. Please give me your input or anything you might want me to add to the portfolio and maybe even share your portfolios to give me some inspiration to finish this project. Any help is better than no help!

Thank you all for your help!

My project thus far: http://codepen.io/ahenry890/pen/RKGzzO

1 Like

Looks awesome so far! I wish I was better at creating a portfolio page because I’m struggling right now with creating a NavBar and pretty much the whole project. The only suggestion I have is changing the font color below the navbar - I had trouble reading it with the purple background. Other than that it looks great!

Definitely looks good and a strong start. Looks like the only user stories that haven’t been met are “User Story: I can see thumbnail images of different projects the portfolio creator has built (if you haven’t built any websites before, use placeholders.)” and “User Story: I can click different buttons that will take me to the portfolio creator’s different social media pages.” Well done so far.

I’m doing a “Contact Me” page instead of the social media pages user story requirement. My portfolio is a disaster right now because I’m having issues with the rows in bootstrap. Here is a link to my portfolio http://codepen.io/gotbassoon/pen/rjjdGV

I think this is a good start as well! For me, your name is a little hard to read in the current font, so maybe play around with a few fonts, but other than that nice work! Keep it up :thumbsup:

Hey @gotbassoon! I checked out your codepen, and it seems in your html file in line 19-22, there are extra closing </div> tags that could be throwing things off? At least that was my quick impression of things :eyeglasses:

There’s a pretty useful HTML validation checker by the W3C, which will tell you about issues with your HTML structure which you can find here.

Just starting out the validator and the errors it spits out might take some time to understand, but I’ve found it a helpful learning tool. One last note on the validator when taking code from codepen. When you put your code in the validator, you must put above your html tag, this tag: <!DOCTYPE html>

This tag tells the browser what version of html you are using and how to parse the input.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

thanks @ciacci1234, you were totally right about the extra tags. The validation checker looks like a useful tool, thanks for the tip.

Warm regards.

1 Like