Problem with id Attribute and Style element

Problem with id Attribute and Style element

Hi All,

I have read some of the other posts on this topic and I am still stuck. I keep getting the message that my background color should be green.

Note: When I change the wording in my id element from “form” to “element” I have a green background towards the bottom of the form but I get two of my requirements wrong like in this link here

So when I change the wording to “form” the green background goes away and I still can’t get pass this assignment. See example below.

What am I missing??

Instead of posting screenshots, please copy/paste your code into the forum, so we can view all the code at once.

Also, always post a link to the challenge you are asking about.

To enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I have read some of the other posts on this topic and I am still stuck. I keep getting the message that my background color should be green.

Note: When I change the wording in my id element from “form” to “element” I have a green background towards the bottom of the form but I get two of my requirements wrong like in this link here 
 <form id="cat-photo-element" action="/submit-cat-photo" id="cat-photo-form">

<form id="cat-photo-form" action="/submit-cat-photo" id="cat-photo-form">

I hope this helps

Next time, click, “Ask for help” button in the challenge, it will post your code along with the link.

<form id="cat-photo-element" action="/submit-cat-photo" id="cat-photo-form">

1. In this you have created two id's, i hope you have done the styling for the id #cat-photo-form, what happens here is, the first id ( id=“cat-photo-element )” you have created doesn’t do anything in your code.

The green color is caused by this id ( id=“cat-photo-form” ). You just have to remove the
    first id ( cat-photo-element ) for your test to pass.

<form id="cat-photo-form" action="/submit-cat-photo" id="cat-photo-form">
In this, you have created two id’s with same name, you should not create duplicate id’s, therefore you won’t get any result that is intended.

Just follow what i said in point 1 in your test.

I had to step away from my computer.
I’ll log on again when Im stationary.

Thanks for reaching out

Tracey

I took your advice and opened another post using Google the ask for help button. Also, I did put the attribute in my style electrician entry and it still doesn’t work.

Tracey

If you haven’t solved it yet, can you provide the code of what you have tried ?? And also i don’t see another post you have created ( sorry if i am wrong ).

Yes, I solved it. Thanks for checking in with me! :grinning: