Problem with <nav>

Hi!
can someone help me with this ?
I do knot what am I doing wrong that the bullet points dont want to dissapear after I added tags.

</nav>
  <h1> Joanna </h1>
<ul calss="nav nav-tabs"> 
  <li><a href="#home"> Home </a></li>
  <li><a href="#about">About </a></li>
  </ul>
  </nav> <!-- nav-->

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, remember to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

I’m not sure what you’re after, but you’ve misspelled class in your <ul> element. Try fixing that. If you’re still having problems, could you post your code in an online editor like Codepen?

If you don’t want bullets or any other markers at the beginning of each list item, in your CSS add the following:

ul {
  list-style-type: none;
}

It also looks like your opening nav tag is actually a closing one. Just remove the dash, and fix the class typo in your ul tag. Let us know how it goes.

Oh my days !
thanks it works !
but now I got another problem. Can you please tell me why my navbar

is not horizontal ?

Please have a look on here:

-_-

Add the bootstrap class of “navbar-expand-md” to your nav tag, should do the trick.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with my ul, as the li items continued to be stacked instead of inline in the header. The last suggestion of adding the class=“navbar-expand-md” worked in Codepen, but now the li items are all clustered together as if to be one long item. Here Is my code. I am using Codepen and IE 11 which I believe supports Bootstrap just fine. I tried it in Chrome and Edge with the same result. I also referenced the material on nav from the FCC guides and searched. I made sure bootstrap 4 was added. Now I am asking.