Hello FCC campers
I was trying to install MySQL with workbench on my Debian9 but I just wasn’t able to. I had to stop doing my Java Web course for this reason. The sources I used was these two ones.
I also looked into other configuration but I wasn’t able and I have been with this problem for some time. Here is pretty much what happened.
I followed these steps (which are contained in the YouTube video):
- sudo apt install mysql-server
- sudo mysql_secure_installation
- Edit and change the bind-address to 0.0.0.0 (I wasn’t able to do that, because of the next step).
4; sudo nano /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf (This part should allow me to access the bind address. The thing is that is shows as if it is blank. No information or anything to alter.)
- sudo service mysql restart (Didn’t get to this part because of the #4)
- sudo mysql -u root (Didn’t get to this part because of the #4)
- ALTER USER ‘root’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘My Password’; (Didn’t get to this part because of the #4)
Also no error shows up on the screen. I want to know if anyone knows a solution for this? Or if this is a thing that happens on Debian9. Someone knows how to get around it?
Also the winner answer is any that can make me able to work with MySQL with Workbench on Debian 9.
Thank you in advance.