Programming alone (without team) and earn money?

Is it possible to programming alone (without team) and earn money?

isn’t that what freelancers do?

or what do you mean?

Freelancers work alone all the time, it is nice to have a team to rely on for things you may not know directly but you can absolutely work alone. I am the sole dev where I work at, there is one person who knows a little HTML and CSS but that is the extent of that.

Ohh I want to be the stand alone programmer (I mean the freelancer). but I don’t know where should I start. Now I’m working in company, but I think I just want to try the freelance. Thank you for your suggestion. :slight_smile:

I would try out Upwork or something similar and do it as a side hustle until you have built up some clientele then focus on doing it full time if that is your goal.

1 Like

@owel is a moderator here.

He has answered many questions about freelancing on here, from his perspective as a successful freelancer.

This link performs a simple search for posts he has that are related to freelancing:

http://forum.freecodecamp.org/search?q=Freelance%20%40owel

4 Likes

Ohh Ok I will take a look. Thank you

Hi, for freelancing I can’t recommend enough the podcast “The Freelancers’ Show”.
They give advices on topics like managing clients, invoicing, negotiation, career advancement, etc. All stuff that are not code-related but that anyone, as a freelancer, definitely will need.

1 Like