Progress feels slower than it should

I just had one of those frustrating mornings where I spent the little time I had unsuccessfully diagnosing a problem that should’ve been pretty straight forward. I spent the better part of an hour scouring code to try and find what was not working to no avail.

I feel like I’m not progressing at the speed that I need to. Whether that’s true or not is irrelevant because it’s just one of those things that color the day. I know that It’ll be in the back of my head all day long, just sitting there annoying me. I want to figure the answer out on my own so that I can maximize my learning, but at the same time if feels like I’ve hit a wall with this problem.

Y’all been there?

1 Like

Well, the forum is here for you, if you use the “Ask for help” button on an fcc challenge, or your code and instructions, people in the forum would help pointing out where the issue lie, or help you in some way

Would not give you the answer, as with that you wouldn’t learn, just pointers

1 Like

Trust me, I’ve been there (heck, I’m there now in a current project). Hitting a wall is something that will happen even when you become an experienced programmer – in fact, it tends to happen more often as you pick up more challenging code. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help when you do. Also, take a few hours break, or even sleep on the problem, and you may find the solution comes to you afterward.

1 Like

I think this feeling won’t ever go away.
When you improve your skills, you will have to face more challenging problems.

1 Like