Putting div's over top one another & Text Issues

So you’re asking if a google search will bring up the anonymous pen? Anyone can fork and save a pen as an anonymous pen, there is no way around it. Technically there can be a hundred versions of your pen saved as anonymous pens you have no control over it. Anyone can change and save the anonymous pen, you can just delete every thing and give it some random name (i just did).

1 Like

I was just making sure someone didn’t accuse me of copying or stealing because of someone else’s pen. Now i’m not saying you did anything wrong, i was just making sure that when we are done using it that it is deleted. Thanks so much for your help.

That’s so beautiful that your school embraces alternative mediums like the internet and 3D!

I really love Udemy. However, i admittedly became a bit obsessed and dependant on it, and i sort of felt i couldn’t learn without a course, because they (at least the best rated ones) provide very good curriculums with nice techniques and things we all can learn, but maybe we wouldn’t as quick as if an instructor teach them to us.

So if you decide to give it a try, and again, i do encourage you to do that, do not rely so much on them and please do not buy multiple courses, get one and finish it, they will always be really cheap anyway. And never stop doing your own projects as well!

FCC is simply great, it is just tough and won’t teach that much of theory, it is a project based curriculum, which is just awesome, but we should look to support our learning with other material as well.

Omg, that incognito tip. It actually makes sense.

Thank you so much for your kind words! It means a lot to me. I don’t know if i’m very good, i have got to a point where i can understand easier new concepts and find solutions. However, i’m far from being a great programmer or developer, because i lack something very important: Actually doing projects. That is why i was obsessed with Udemy, they gave some projects i could follow and tinker with the code and feel like if i was the owner of those ideas. And don’t mean you have to be an entrepeneur, but, to look something to do, whatever, like your science project site.

I have more than one year learning web development already. But before that, i attempted to learn programming before, even though i didn’t really learn much, but i was at least familiar with basic concepts.

I started with Codecademy and quickly move here to FCC, then found Udemy and pretty much stopped using FCC, and in the meantime i have also tried other things like game development and considered learning graphics programming and whatnot. I have a hard time when it comes to decisions. But i always come back to web development.

I consider that all of those experiments also helped me a lot, and i happy about that, but i also delayed the possibilities for finding a job. Which is really important in my case.

If you have no rush for getting a job, i highly encourage you to explore and try to learn beyond the libraries and all of that. If not, i also encourage you to do that hahaha, but also to focus more on what you know is going to get you a job. It is all programming after all.

Finally, these days i am doing more CSS than anything, which is surprising because when i was just starting i thought i hated CSS i wouldn’t ever being able to learn that, but right now CSS is awesome and things like flexbox have made creating an interface something doable and fun!

But really, do what you enjoy the most and make sure you are understanding what’s going on on everything you read, watch or do. Use a lot of console.log() so you know what’s going on and you’ll be always fine!

1 Like

Sorry, i forgot to reply, but i did finish it: https://s.codepen.io/Mike-was-here123/debug/WadgVa/bZMQWNvGPjbA

Turning it in tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Update: i got a 100%.

thanks

1 Like

Omg i’m so glad to know that!

Congratulations, you absolutely earned it :smiley:

1 Like