Putting your face on your resume, help

I currently am trying to get a developer job. I’ve seen some developers/youtubers say to put a face on your resume. I’ve asked my coworkers what they think about it and they say that it’s weird to do that. What do you guys think? Would it help?

I’m in the UK, CV with a portrait would be seen as strange, a novelty. What you look like in that picture (and, for many countries, that picture existing) will bias hiring decisions because people are people. You should avoid, as much as is possible, things that bias decisions

2 Likes

I’d advise against it, I agree with Dan Couper. No one’s ever been interviewed because of their portrait, but I bet the inverse isn’t true.

I would agree it’s strange on a resume. If you have a portfolio site, most I’ve seen include one here however.

I’ve generally seen it advised against in a resume. If you want to put a picture on your portfolio or your LinkedIn though, feel free.

I’m not saying it’s a good idea, but if you sent an 8x10" autographed head shot and a gift basket with your resume, you’d make an impression.

5 Likes

It would make an impression.

I don’t think it would be a good impression, but it would be an impression.

3 Likes