Question about Bootstrap contents

Hello,

I’m new to bootstrap and I’m not a very fond of “monkey is see, monkey do” approach. I need to understand first and then apply the correct option in my code.

1. Is there a detailed documentation on the contents of the bootstrap, like what option to use given a particular situation when coding HTML/CSS?
  2. Is there a way to override the values in a particular bootstrap entry?

Example:from (https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/twitter-bootstrap/4.0.0-beta.2/css/bootstrap.css.)

h1, .h1 {
font-size: 2.5rem;
}
3. If I need a different font-size, say 2.9rem, then what is the point of the above definition ?
4. Do I need to have a listing of the bootstrap as reference?
5. If a new version of bootstrap is made available, will I have to go back to everything I
coded and change them all?

I hope my questions are not too stupid but as of now, bootstrap is just another black box.

Thank You for time

Brain-Dead

Documentation:

The values provided by Bootstrap are sensible defaults, but you can override them in a custom stylesheet as you see fit.

I don’t think so. Previous versions will continue to be supported for a while. If you looked at the documentation, you can see that there’s still docs for version 2 (which I guess is quite old).

Hi kevcomedia,
Thank You for the reply

It’s a good thing they keep old stuff in new versions (or at least for a time). It seems to me that the best way is to have the listing and keep testing each one of the entries to see how they work. Lots of work.

Regards

Brain-Dead