Random Quote Machine-Feedback

check this out :slight_smile:
Project Link - http://codepen.io/YusufSh/full/qREQwR/

Looks good! You may want to adjust the background picture for mobile. In my vertical view it gets cut off awkwardly on the right hand side. In my horizontal view it competes with the heading somewhat. The functionality seems to work great, and it has a clean, consistent style.

Thank you for your feedback!
I just did that, check again :slight_smile:

I’m not a big fan of the aesthetics but that is semi-personal-preference. It works perfectly fine and it’s responsive which are both arguably more important. :smile:

If you’re curious, I would recommend a sharper background photo that isn’t a JPEG (if that’s a JPEG). When choosing accent colors I would recommend pulling colors from the background photo and either use a shade of them or use a shade of a color that compliments them.

For example the bright/fresh green and blue accents seem out of place against the more muted black/white/brown background and text.

Thank you for your feedback!
For the bright / fresh green and blue colors, it was kind of the purpose of using those colors, to make them obvious and more notable.
I will change the background though, Thank you again.

You’re welcome!

That’s fair! If I want to draw attention to something that’s when I bring in those complimentary colors, since they are the opposite of the color they compliment. But like I said that is all pretty much personal preference; I am just obsessed with color theory because I’m an illustrator haha. :sweat_smile:

You can check it out again, it became awesome. :smile:

Wow yeah that’s what I’m talkin’ about! :clap::punch:

1 Like

Perfect. The sizing issue I brought up is completely fixed. Keep it up!

1 Like