React going out of style?

Vue is awesome and super easy to pick up. It’s just like React as well. I think it’s going to make a super big appearance in large companies / startups in the next 12 months. I would love to see FCC potetially incorporate it into the curriculum, simply because the learning curve is almost non-existent. Probably it’s just as easy to learn jQuery as it is Vue !

2 Likes

I started as a COBOL programmer. You got a link to that job posting? :slight_smile:

If anyone is wondering whether React is going out of style as of August 2017, here’s plenty of proof of the exact opposite happening:

3 Likes

It`s 2019 and React is still popular.
Many of famous websites are built with React JS.
Your friend was kind of wrong :wink:

ReactJS is still doing good:

People love making bold pronouncements about what’s the next language to take over the world or what is old news. They’re often made without much actual data, just a gut feeling based on their prejudices. They’re almost always wrong. It’s usually just clickbait. Languages slowly rise and fall - it’s just the way it is. But good luck trying to predict it.

This year it’s more about the choice between React Native and Flutter. The latter have started gaining popularity recently (Flutter has become one of the most discussed framework on Github in June 2019). I was researching this topic and found a bunch of quite opposing opinions.
Here are some articles on the question that I find particularly interesting.

React Native vs Flutter: Which is Better?
Flutter vs. React Native: Survival of the fittest

Though both frameworks have their pros and cons, it seems that React still prevails in mobile development. It has already proved its credibility while Flutter is only entering the race in mobile development industry.

Also: