Received two Full stack developer job offers!

Hello everybody,

I’ve got two full stack developer job offers, all thanks to FCC. One organisation uses MEAN stack while the other uses RoR + angular + PostgreSQL.

A brief about myself:
I reside in India. I’ve done my masters in Signal processing. I’ve worked on audio codecs, like dolby atmos,dd+, etc for almost two years for a UK based company which was not performing well recently, so laid off few people across the globe. I was one of them. Meanwhile I came to know about FCC via Quincy’s quora channel. FCC caught my attention and instead of continuing on the same professional path i.e. codecs and all, I started working on FCC curriculum. After almost 6 months of hard work, I’ve landed myself two Full stack developer job offers(the best part, both companies allow remote work). So I will be working from home for both organisations contributing almost 70-80hrs a week. I want to learn as much as I can, hence the efforts.

Advice to beginners:
1)Don’t stop asking ‘why’ and ‘how’. I know it may sound cliche’, but that’s what worked out for me.
2)Don’t just rely on FCC. Use google,stackoverflow effectively. Take few online courses. Coursera has full stack course for MEAN stack. This course taught me some good concepts.
3)And lastly, don’t just read the books or watch videos. Code! a lot!

Finally I would like to thank Quincy from the bottom of my heart for developing and maintaining this great community. Without FCC I would not have reached this far.

Cheers :slight_smile:

61 Likes

That’s awesome! It seems like you’ve really dedicated yourself to this profession and it’s paying off. Working 70-80 hours might seem like overkill for me personally, but to each their own.

As you completed both the front and back end, did having multiple projects help in your employment?

Congratulations man…

Congratulations, Best of luck. I would like to know are they local company? Please share your job hunting process with us.

I’ve not completed both certifications. I’ve completed front end part, back end challenges and one full stack project.
Here’s a link to my portfolio: http://ajinkya-deshmukh-portfolio.herokuapp.com/#/
All of my projects are listed there.
And yes, developing all those projects has helped me a lot. I got a clear picture of how the stack works.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Thanks!

1)Well, one company is local while the other is a California based start up.

2)After completing first full stack project(voting app), I had created a web portfolio.
Here’s the link : http://ajinkya-deshmukh-portfolio.herokuapp.com/#/
I opened up an account on Angel.co and started applying.

2 Likes

Congratulations man!

1 Like

Congrats!!! :rocket:

1 Like

Congratulations, Very Well Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats Ajinkya009. That’s amazing work man…

1 Like

Congrats Ajinkya009, hope you enjoy both jobs!

1 Like

Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, that’s great to hear! Good luck at your new job(s)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Need to emphasize this.

1 Like

How did you find yourself learning RoR as well as the MEAN stack? Did both offers came from angel.co? :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Awesome stuff.

Would you mind giving us an idea of your process? Which sites did you use to find the job listings? How many jobs did you apply for? How many did you hear back from? How many did you interview with? What were the interviews like? What kinds of questions did they ask you? Did you need to do a test? Did you have to show them anything else other than your portfolio site? Etc… Also, and I understand if you don’t want to answer this on a public forum, you mentioned that one company was in the US but you’re working remotely… I was curious if they offered you an American-sized salary or if they offered you a lot less because you’re not physically in the States?

I’ve just started looking for a job myself. I hope I can find something soon. I would love to get a remote job like you, even if it didn’t pay as much.

1 Like

Congratulations on your offers, @Ajinkya009.

Thank you for sharing your advice, as well. I agree :100:

Please keep us posted on your journey.

Congratulations on your achievement and thanks for being an inspiration to us all. Wishing you all the best for your journey.

Ajinkya009, Congratulations, you are giving us hope to continue learning! Could you tell us a little more about your job search experience, like how many applications you needed to make, how many interviews you landed etc. Also, is the salary the U.S. company gives you is at the salary range of the junior US developer or considerably less. Also, did you knowRoR + PostgreSQL when the Indian company hired you? I wish you the best!

1 Like