Recommendations For Web Design Resources

As the title state, anyone has web design resources that are not related to UI/UX tools like photoshops etc. I’m looking for more of a general guideline for choosing colors, typography and layout patterns that i can apply immediately.

Just a couple quick links, since I’m no designer either:

For color themes, I’m a fan of coolers.co – just mash the spacebar til you get colors you like :slight_smile:

Typography is a far more subtle thing, but there’s plenty of good resources at the League of Moveable Type

thank you :smiley: , the typography link is gold, i struggle alot with choosing the right fonts

colors, search up things like complementary color generator, etc.
fonts, Google Fonts.
layout, maybe try searching stuff like “<site type (blog, about, etc)> layouts”
however, if your making a blog page for example, a layout like below might work.

.grid {
  display: grid;
  grid-template-areas:
  header header header
  advert content content
  footer footer footer
}

Sorry this took so long, somehow fell asleep whilst typing.

Hi im aware of google fonts and css grids :slight_smile: , by layout patterns people use to design their page besides the normal way of styling pages which is what us how.

I was about 6 hours late though. And those are just some basic and quick(ish) ways of doing it :confused:

no worries thank you for your response :slight_smile: i wasnt aware about complementary color generator thanks

I think the OP’s question was more on the line of given a tri-partite color scheme. Where do you use your primary color, where do you use your secondary color, where do you use your complementary color?

Generating link...
Searching web...
Jk,

Steve Schoger has some excellent advise on UI design

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/994601867987619840

His video walkthroughs where he redesigns a web page in Sketch are also really informative.