Record Collection returning the complete object

Hi, although I have done it before and its is marked as complete the Record Collection challenge is now in the advance algorithm section.

I started at the very basic and inside the function put this code /// return collection[id];

///// Setup
var collection = {
“2548”: {
“album”: “Slippery When Wet”,
“artist”: “Bon Jovi”,
“tracks”: [
“Let It Rock”,
“You Give Love a Bad Name”
]
},
“2468”: {
“album”: “1999”,
“artist”: “Prince”,
“tracks”: [
“1999”,
“Little Red Corvette”
]
},
“1245”: {
“artist”: “Robert Palmer”,
“tracks”: [ ]
},
“5439”: {
“album”: “ABBA Gold”
}
};
// Keep a copy of the collection for tests
var collectionCopy = JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(collection));

// Only change code below this line
function updateRecords(id, prop, value) {

return collection[id];
}
// Alter values below to test your code
updateRecords(5439, “artist”, “ABBA”);

Running this funciton returns the whole object where as I was expecting the object 5439.
I tried this in both FireFox and Chrome with the same results.
Thanks for any help you could offer.
Ed

1 Like

I just copy/pasted all of the above in my console and the result is:
{ album: 'ABBA Gold' } as expected.

Thanks Tom, I’ll look at it again tonight.

Having the same issue, I have also tried to change the notation to “return collection.id” but gotten the whole object returned in the console.

Copy and paste the code in Codepen and it worked for some reason. Return the correct object within JSON.

1 Like

Hi, I never did get this challenge to work at that point in time and it never made any sense with the errors when I ran the code. I gave up with it in the end as I was fortunate that I had already passed ‘Record Collection’ earlier as it was in the ‘Basic Algorithm’ section. I was just seeing if I could do it again but couldn’t even get started because of these strange errors.

1 Like

I know a website of components,you can find many datasheets of the part, hope it can help you

I think it’s meant to return the whole object by design after you modified it. I was able to completed it at last